Class Registration & Advising
All first-year students will be assigned a first-year advisor who will provide assistance during their first year at Wesleyan. First-year advisors assist students in clarifying their values, goals, and interests as well as understanding the nature and purpose of higher education.
In addition, advisors help students understand the College's general education requirements; prepare fall and spring term registrations; and assist students with fulfilling college requirements. The advising process involves planning an educational program consistent with the student's interests and abilities while providing accurate information about educational options, requirements, policies, and procedures.
You may ask… What kind of questions can my advisor help me answer?
- Why do I need an advisor?
- Do I need to make an appointment to meet with my advisor?
- How do I change my schedule if I want to drop or add a class?
- When do I declare a major?
- How do I monitor my academic progress?
- Where do I go if I need ...?
- What is the procedure for repeating a course?
- How do I choose a major that's a good fit for me?
- What is my Student ID number and do I need to know it?
- Do I have to take this class?
Get to know your first-year advisor -- just call, email, or come to the Student Success Center!