Job and Internship Search
Students and alumni are encouraged to use the ICSC’s College Central Network System (CCN) as a primary resource for their search for full and part-time employment, internships, volunteer opportunities and more. Opportunities found in CCN are specifically targeted to NCWC students and alumni. To register and begin searching the postings, click the logo below. *This is the primary tool used by the ICSC!
Students and alumni are also encouraged to attend the two ENCCA Career Fairs held during the spring semester each year. Click here for more information.
- http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/classifieds/jobs/ -- Rocky Mount Telegram (local newspaper).
- http://www.rockymountchamber.org/ -- Rocky Mount Area Chamber of Commerce. View the business directory to identify potential employers.
- http://www.ncesc.com/splash.asp - Employment Security Commission of NC.
- http://regionalhelpwanted.com/east-carolina-jobs/ - Jobs in Eastern NC.
- http://www.ncwc.edu/offices/human-resources -- NCWC Human Resources (faculty & staff positions at the college).
- http://my.ncwc.edu/ics/ICSC_Job_Announcements.jnz -- Opportunities targeted specifically to NCWC students are posted here.
- http://www.internshipprograms.com/ --A major source of internships offerings.
- http://www.doa.state.nc.us/yaio/internstudent.htm -- NC State Government Internship Program, paid spring and summer internships.
- http://www.collegegrad.com/topemployers/internships.shtml --A list of the top Intern Employers for 2008.
- http://www.ihipo.com/ -- International internships and entry-level jobs.
- http://www.internsorlando.com/ -- Internship & housing placements in the Orlando, FL area.
- http://www.studenthousing.org -- Short-term housing in New York City, NY.
- http://www.resortinternconnection.com/ --Resort Intern Connections bring together students and organizations in the resort, travel, and tourism fields
General Job Search Links
- http://www.gettinghired.com/Default.aspx -- Offers employment options for persons with disabilities, as well as opportunities for employers to connect with skilled workers.
- www.referenceusa.com -- The No. 1 source of information on businesses and people for researchers, students and job seekers.
- http://www.CollegeGrad.com -- The #1 entry level job site. Includes an annual list of the top entry-level employers.
- http://www.ncesc.com/ -- The Employment Security Commission of NC.
- http://www.employmentguide.com/ -- The Employment Guide.
- www.experience.com Experience provides job listings targeted specifically to recent college graduates.
- www.indeed.com Indeed.com includes all the job listings from major job boards, newspapers, associations and company career pages.
- http://www.aar-eeo.com/ The site of the Affirmative Action Register, the national EEO recruitment publication. Directed to females, minorities, veterans, and disabled persons, as well as to all employment candidates.
- http://www.jamminjobs.com Search one of the largest resume banks available.
- http://www.jobweb.org/ Job Web is the web site of the National Assoc. of Colleges and Employers.
- http://www.jobweb.org/jconline/ Job Choices Online is the webzine companion to the JOB CHOICES magazine, an excellent resource.
- http://www.jobbankusa.com/ JobBank USA offers job postings and resume posting capability.
- http://www.jobs.net/ Jobs.NET is the leading provider of cost-effective online recruitment solutions for employers worldwide.
- http://www.collegegrad.com/ College Grad Job Hunter, free access
- http://www.monster.com/ Monster Board offers a variety of job-search tools including employer profiles, job listings, and job-search articles.
- http://www.careerdrive.com Job search gateway on the internet.
- http://www.jobmonkey.com Employer profiles from around the world.
- http://www.get2work.org Employer benefits evaluated, etc.
- http://www.ajb.dni.us Government site of state agency jobs.
- http://www.hotjobs.com Member-based site that charges companies to post openings and match resumes.
- http://www.nationjob.com More than 15,000 jobs nationwide.
- http://www.northcarolinajobs.net/ A local employment website for job seekers and employers.
- http://www.ncesc.com Employment Security Commission of NC web page.
- http://www.americasemployers.com Maintained by career consultants, it offers several thousand updated listings, along with real-time seminars.
- http://www.citytowninfo.com/ Info and analysis on US Cities and Careers
- http://www.findyourspot.com/ A great site to determine where you might want to move after college.
- http://www.caljobsite.com/ Jobs in California.
- http://www.careerjet.com/ Employment search engine for the USA. Jobs compiled from various internet sources.
- http://www.glassdoor.com/ Salaries, ratings, and reviews posted anonymously by employees from over 21,000 companies.
General Career Information / Job Search Link
- http://www.bls.gov/oco/home.htm -- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- http://www.americorps.org --Americorps
- www.psychometric-success.com -- Provides practice material for psychometric job selection tests
- http://campuscareercenter.com/ --Campus Career Center, good for international jobs
- http://www.fastcompany.com --Fast Company
- http://www.careerbuilder.com --Career Builder Network
- http://www.uschamber.com/chambers/directory/default.htm --U.S. Chamber of Commerce - links to local chambers
- http://www.hotelcareersolutions.com --The recognized leader in providing talent acquisition solutions to the hotel industry
- http://www.nih.gov/ --National Institute of Health
- http://www.thinksmart.com --The Innovation Network
- http://www.entreworld.org --A World of Resources for Entrepreneurs
- http://www.nccareers.com --Carolina Career Center
- http://www.review.com/career/ --Princeton Review Online (Careers)
- http://www.wsj.com/ --The Wall Street Journal
- http://www.educationamerica.net -- Nationwide education job listings and career resources.
- http://www.teachers-teachers.com/northcarolina.cfm -- Find a great education job in North Carolina! It's FREE to teachers, administrators, speech pathologists and other personnel looking for a job in education.
- http://www.carneysandoe.com -- Recruiting teachers and administrators for independent schools.
- http://www.missionteach.com -- International teaching and educational support opportunities.
- http://www.footprintsrecruiting.com -- World's largest ESL employment agency. Teach English Abroad.
- http://www.tigerenglish.com/ -- Teach English in Asia.
- http://www.acsm.org//AM/ -- American College of Sports Medicine
- http://www.onewire.com/ -- OneWire - Makes career connections between financial recruiters and qualified candidates.
Human Services (social work, counseling, substance abuse, etc.)
- http://www.socialworker.com -- Social Work career information, Social Work E-News newsletter, The New Social Worker magazine, calendar of events for the profession, discussion boards, and more.
- http://www.socialworkjobbank.com -- Search for jobs and post resumes for positions within the field of Social Work
- http://www.edu2work.org/ -- Resources for starting and maintaining a career in the substance abuse field.
- http://www.odesk.com/jobs/ -- Offers freelancing and contract job opportunities to college students in the areas of graphic design, programming, software development, website design, technical writing, project management, and more.
- http://xapps.enr.state.nc.us/hr/jobs/jobs.html -- NC Dept. of Environmental and Natural Resources
- http://www.ars.usda.gov/careers/ --Agricultural Research Service, US Dept. of Agriculture
- http://www.eco.org --The Environmental Careers Organization
- http://www.healthcareerweb.com/ --Nationwide medial jobs, forums, and resources
- http://www.epa.gov/epahome/index.html --U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- http://www.sciencejobs.com --Science positions available
- http://www.ssti.org --State Science & Technology Institute