Read online from anywhere.
For Articles, Media and more, click the tabs above.
Catalog Quick Search
Online Databases: our complete list of electronic resources
Articles and electronic resources by subject:
Films, music, audiobooks, etc.
Online Educational Videos.
Classical music and jazz.
Download audiobooks to your computer/device.
Use the links below to request an Interlibrary Loan:
For information about Interlibrary Loan, contact Grace Wallace or another library staff member at (252) 985-5350!
What is ILL?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service for all currently enrolled students, as well as college faculty and staff. ILL provides access to thousands of other library collections across the United States that contain books, journal articles, videos, and other kinds of materials. If there is any book, article, or video that Pearsall Library does not own, you can request that we order it using our online ILL request form. We will then contact other libraries who own the requested material and provide you with a book, video, or photocopy of an article that you can use. We do not extend interlibrary loan services to public borrowers except in unusual circumstances.
How long does it take?
Approximately 4 to 8 business days.
Turn-around time depends on a number of factors, some of which include:
- Accuracy and completeness of your citation.
- Currency of the material - Newer, more popular items are harder to obtain.
- Availability - The ILL Office directs the request to several possible lenders, each of which has four days to respond before the request is passed on to the next lender.
- Lender Conditions - Some libraries may not circulate requested items, or copy them due to fragility, copyright laws, or license agreements.
- Distance - If an item is not available nearby, ILL may need to request it from another state, or even another country.
Who uses ILL?
Students, faculty, and staff at the Rocky Mount campus who need items that are not in the NCWC library collection.
Students, faculty, and staff at Wesleyan's distance campuses who need items from the Pearsall Library or from other academic libraries. Users at our campuses in Greenville, Washington, Whiteville, and Wilmington should first check with the library at the community college hosting our campus to see whether they have the needed resources.
- If you are in Rocky Mount, please check the library catalog to make sure Wesleyan does not own the item before making a request.
- Please do not use abbreviations for titles.
- Please proofread your request for spelling and accurate citation information.
- Please submit a separate form for each request.
- Students and faculty in Rocky Mount should pick up and return interlibrary loans to Grace Wallace or Sue Pellegrino in the library. Faculty and students from Goldsboro or RTP campuses should return materials to the instructional branch or mail them to the main campus using the mailing label that is provided. Articles need not be returned; they are yours to keep.
- Return your materials by the due date. If you need to renew a book or video received through ILL, contact Ms. Wallace at least two (2) days before the due date to request a renewal. If materials are not returned on time you may be charged an overdue fee. You are responsible for any fines incurred for late returns or lost or damaged materials.