Read online from anywhere.
For Articles, Media and more, click the tabs above.
Electronic Resources by Subject:
Films, music, audiobooks, etc.
Online Educational Videos.
Classical music and jazz.
Language Courses from Arabic to Yiddish.
The mission of the Elizabeth Braswell Pearsall Library is to serve the North Carolina Wesleyan College community at all campus locations, stimulating academic research and learning by providing access to appropriate resources, effective instruction, and inviting learning environments.
Appropriate Information Resources
- Provide resources that meet the needs of our community of users in a variety of formats, including print, audiovisual, and electronic.
- Provide a gateway to the information resources of the world.
- Organize library resources in all formats and make them accessible to the Wesleyan College community.
- Assess the needs of the college and our constituencies and determine the resources and services appropriate to meet those needs.
- Provide effective instruction, teaching members of our community the skills needed to find, evaluate, and use effectively information in various forms.
- Provide competent, well-trained professional and support staff to develop and maintain library resources and plan and implement appropriate services.
- Teach library users to evaluate information retrieved in a variety of formats. Users should be able to distinguish between types of sources, evaluate their appropriateness to the information need, and use a variety of criteria, such as author's credentials, peer review, and supporting documentation, to assess the relevance, objectivity, integrity, and accuracy of information retrieved.
Facilities and Equipment
- Provide appropriate environments for individual and group study, collaborative learning, and instruction in information literacy.
- Provide adequate space and equipment for effective storage and use of the library’s collections.
- Provide adequate space and equipment for staff to work effectively.