Read online from anywhere.
For Articles, Media and more, click the tabs above.
Electronic Resources by Subject:
Films, music, audiobooks, etc.
This collection was purchased by North Carolina Wesleyan College after the closure of Black Mountain College in 1957. It is a collection of items from the college's library as well as works by and about people that were connected with Black Mountain College. Professor Emeritus Dr. Leverett T. Smith is the curator. For an inventory of the special collection, click on "Black Mountain Collection" above. A descriptive list of books identified as Black Mountain College Library books may be downloaded in Excel.
Tar Heel Maps
A collection of maps of North Carolina presented to the college by Gregory Williams, a 1975 graduate of NC Wesleyan who also served on the Board of Trustees for a number of years. The Collection of North Carolina Maps includes maps printed between 1590 and 1995 and is housed with the Archives in the old part of the library. Williams collaborated with his former professor, Allen S. Johnson a catalogue,Tar Heel Maps: Colony and State, 1590-1995. Dr. Johnson was Professor Emeritus of History and Geography at NC Wesleyan and was a distinguished member of the faculty for over 40 years.
Littleton College Collection
Littleton College opened in 1882 as "Central Institute for Young Ladies" and operated until destroyed by fire in 1919. It was chartered “for the purpose of maintaining a school of high grade near the town of Littleton, in the county of Warren, for the intellectual, moral and religious development and training of young ladies…” The Littleton College Memorial Association held their annual reunions at NC Wesleyan for many years. A collection of Littleton College memorabilia donated by the group to NC Wesleyan is housed in the Hardee-Rives Room in the library.