Read online from anywhere.
For Articles, Media and more, click the tabs above.
Catalog Quick Search
Online Databases: our complete list of electronic resources
Articles and electronic resources by subject:
Films, music, audiobooks, etc.
Online Educational Videos.
Classical music and jazz.
Download audiobooks to your computer/device.
The college's Statement of Purpose says:
"Instruction emphasizes critical thinking, analytical reasoning, reading, writing, speaking, informed decision-making, and information skills."
As part of its mission, the Library actively participates in the critical thinking, informed decision-making, and information skills aspects of the Wesleyan curriculum. We provide instruction that will enable students to find, evaluate, and effectively use information for the rest of their lives.
We encourage instructors to request library training for their students, and to make use of the library's staff, tools and resources to support their classes and assignments.
In-Class Library Sessions
Librarians are available and happy to provide in-class library sessions that address specific information needs within your course. If you have a project that will require any sort of research, we'd love to help. We are able to teach sessions at Goldsboro and Triangle campuses, and on Rocky Mount campus during the day or the evening.
Request a session using this form.
- Please give the library at least two weeks' notice if possible. Teaching sessions for faculty are high-priority, but they do require preparation for your specific needs.
- Please give an alternate date on the form if possible, especially if you teach in Goldsboro or Triangle, as travel requires arrangements to be made.
- A librarian will contact you to speak about your particular class needs, and to finalize arrangements for the session.
Librarians use a tool called LibGuides to build custom course pages for any class with research needs. Librarians will build these guides as a permanent jumping-off point for research within your class, and can do so whether we are invited to teach or not. If you believe your students could benefit from a research portal, just contact your favorite librarian or email email@example.com.
Other Instruction Services
The Library will also provide:
- Orientation and tours.
- Assistance to professors designing research assignments. We can help frame research questions to match the library's array of books, articles, and online tools.
- Faculty and staff development workshops.