Library Instruction Services
Read online from anywhere.
For Articles, Media and more, click the tabs above.
Electronic Resources by Subject:
Films, music, audiobooks, etc.
Online Educational Videos.
Classical music and jazz.
Language Courses from Arabic to Yiddish.
NC Wesleyan's Statement of Purpose says: "Instruction emphasizes critical thinking, analytical reasoning, reading, writing, speaking, informed decision-making, and information skills."
As part of its mission, the Library actively participates in helping our students develop critical thinking, informed decision-making, and information skills . We provide instruction that will enable students to find, evaluate, and effectively use information for the rest of their lives.
We encourage instructors to request library instruction sessions for their students, and to make use of library staff, facilities, and resources to support their classes and assignments.
In-Class Library Sessions
Librarians are happy to provide in-class library sessions that address specific information needs within your course. If you have a project that requires any research, we would love to help. We can teach sessions at the Goldsboro, Triangle , and Rocky Mount campuses.
Use this form to Request an Instruction Session
- Please give the library at least two weeks' notice if possible. Teaching sessions for faculty are high-priority, but they do require preparation for your specific needs.
- Please give an alternate date on the form if possible, especially if you teach in Goldsboro or Triangle, as travel requires arrangements to be made.
- A librarian will contact you to speak about your particular class needs, and to finalize arrangements for the session.
Librarians use "LibGuides" to build custom course pages for classes with research assignments. Librarians will build these guides as a permanent jumping-off point for research within your class, and can do so whether we are invited to teach or not. If you believe your students could benefit from a research portal, just contact your favorite librarian or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Instruction Services
The Library will also provide:
- Orientation and tours.
- Assistance to professors designing research assignments. We can help frame research questions to match the library's array of books, articles, and online tools.
- Faculty and staff development workshops.