There are many ways you can give back to your alma mater and have a positive impact on the future of NC Wesleyan College:
- Refer a prospective student
- Represent NCWC at college fairs in your area
- Hire NCWC alumni - visit www.ncwc.edu/student-affairs/icsc for more information
- Offer an internship to current students through your company/employer
- Serve on the Alumni Board, as a class agent, or other alumni committees
- Make an annual fund gift to NCWC
- Consider endowing a scholarship at NCWC
- Remember NCWC in your estate plans
- Attend Alumni Wesleyan Weekend
- Contribute information such as job promotions, wedding and birth announcements or other items for class notes in the Bishop Beat
- Attend and/or host an alumni event in your area
- Let the Alumni Office know when you change your address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Attend cultural, educational, and athletic events on campus
- Support athletic teams when they are playing in your area
- Come speak to a class or group of students about your NCWC experience
- Join the Battling Bishops Club.
- Become an NCWC Mentor.
Contact the Alumni Office at (252) 985-5145 or email@example.com.
Support for Wesleyan comes from many sources, including alumni, friends, businesses, corporations, and foundations. It comes in many forms in addition to gifts of cash, such as bequests in a will, IRAs, life insurance policies, trusts, real estate, stocks and bonds, and various deferred gifts. Some gifts provide donors with tax incentives, lifetime income, and other benefits. There is a form of gift for every donor’s objective. Funds may go directly into the operating budget to enhance the overall quality of a Wesleyan education—or donors may designate their gifts for specific purposes. Click Advancement to learn more about making a gift.
Alumni Mentoring Program
It is with great excitement that Wesleyan announces a partnership between the Alumni Office and the Internship & Career Services Center (ICSC). Learn how alumni can give back their many talents from their respective professional fields and assist current students with their career development and future employment opportunities.
The Career Mentor Program presents an opportunity for alumni to give back to their alma mater by providing career advice to students interested in fields in which alumni have valuable experience. It’s easy to become part of the program! Simply visit the ICSC Career Mentor Program website. Here you will find more detailed information as well as the registration form.
The Career Conversations Speaker Series has been implemented in order to expose Wesleyan students to a wide variety of career possibilities. These events occur on selected dates at the main campus. If you are interested in speaking about your career path please let us know by emailing the ICSC Director, Tiffany Franklin, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to also take advantage of the ISCC for your own career development! Services available to alumni include resume critiques, job fairs, job search consultations, mock interviews, online job listings, and more. Visit ICSC to learn more about these services.