Support Faculty and Staff Development
Wesleyan seeks to recruit and retain the highest caliber faculty and committed staff possible. We must secure our ability to recruit and retain young faculty of great promise, and dedicated staff while recognizing and supporting those talented scholars who have since gained prestige in their fields.
Wesleyan faces a continuing challenge of how to increase the financial commitment to our quality faculty and staff while keeping tuition affordable for our students. To address this problem, we established a Faculty and Staff Development Endowment. The funds in this endowment will support a professional development program for faculty and staff. In addition to funding a professor’s salary, each endowed position will also carry a professional development award, which will permit the instructor to conduct research, attend conferences, travel or pursue other enrichment activities.
Wesleyan seeks to provide faculty and staff with more of the precious gift of time to study, create and perform, which will allow them to become even better teachers, models and mentors to one another and Wesleyan students. Our particular brand of engaged learning depends on time-intensive interactions between students, faculty and staff.
Following are a few of the Faculty and Staff Development Endowments
- Joseph M. and Kathleen Price Bryan Family Foundation Faculty Endowment Fund
- Leslie H. and Evelyn G. Garner Faculty Leadership Award
- Jefferson Pilot Professorship
- Robert Mauldin Faculty Staff Development Fund
- “Fritz” James Morrison Smith, Jr. Faculty Development Fund
- Wesleyan Staff Development Fund
- Frank Smith Wilkinson Lectureship Award