Veteran Students
Apply Today Request Information Plan a Visit Giving to NCWC

Annual Giving

What Is The Annual Fund?

Annual gifts form the foundation of Wesleyan's fund-raising efforts each year and are a key revenue source for Wesleyan's operating budget.

What Difference Can My Gift Make?

Plenty! All gifts, no matter what the size benefit every student. Gifts to the Annual Fund are an investment in Wesleyan students and their potential and they go to work immediately helping all students. Because they are unrestricted, gifts to the Annual Fund can be used where they are needed most. Tuition and fees account for approximately 70 percent of the College’s annual operating budget, leaving the remaining 30 percent to be funded from other sources, including endowment income, grants and corporate and individual gifts. North Carolina Wesleyan College is a non-profit 501-C (3) organization and it receives no income or operating support from the state or federal level.

How Does My Gift Help?

The Annual Fund gifts benefit the best of Wesleyan, including:

  • Small classes
  • Outstanding professors
  • Excellent academics
  • Student scholarships
  • Facility maintenance and upgrades
  • Internships
  • Library and research resources
  • The latest technology
  • Excellence in theatre, athletics and other student activities

Is My Gift Tax-Deductible?

Yes. Gifts to the College are deductible for income tax purposes to the extent permitted by law. Be sure to keep receipts for your records.

Does Alumni Participation Matter?

YES! Strong alumni participation in the Annual Fund each year is a valuable measure of Wesleyan’s pride. The percentage of alumni who make annual gifts is also a factor in college rankings and the financial support that Wesleyan receives from foundations and corporations.

Double Your Donation With A Matching Gift

You could double or even triple your Annual Fund gift if you or your spouse works for or has retired from a company with a matching gift program. Complete a matching gift form from your Human Resources office and send it in with your gift. Wesleyan will take care of the rest!

Day For Wesleyan

Day for Wesleyan is an annual fundraising event conducted each September in the greater Rocky Mount area. On the selected day, more than 100 volunteers from throughout the community visit nearly 1,200 local businesses and individuals to ask for donations and pledges to support ongoing basic needs of the College.

As the College strengthens its’ ability to educate future leaders, we invite you to support our efforts with a gift to this year’s Annual Fund. Your investment in Wesleyan today will help the College continue to nurture and develop tomorrow’s leaders.