Get a non-profit private education at the comparable direct cost of attending a
By Comparison For 2014-2015
NC State (per semester, undergraduate) is $4148 (tuition and fees)
UNC (per semester, undergraduate) is $4200 (tuition and fees)
Most other NC Private Schools $400+ per semester hour
Private For-Profit Schools: $500+ per semester hour
Office of Adult StudiesTuition Rates at NC Wesleyan for the 2014-2015 Academic Year:
- 8 & 5 week courses
- Goldsboro - $265 per semester hour
- Rocky Mount - $310 per semester hour
- Raleigh-Durham - $355 per semester hour
- Wilmington-$265 per semester hour
- Whiteville-$265 per semester hour
- Greenville-$265 per semester hour
- Washington-$265 per semester hour
- Manteo-$265 per semester hour
- Brunswick-$265 per semester hour
- Online classes - $355 per semester hour
- Technology & Administrative Fee - $75 (One-time fee for new students)
- Graduation Fee - $100 (One-time fee Applied to your account when you apply for graduation)
- Background Check Fee-$15 (One-time fee; Run on all new students and is non-refundable)
All active duty and veterans of all branches of the military to include the National Guard and Coast Guard receive a 10% discount. This discount will be applied as an internal grant on their account after the drop/add period. For ASPIRE students this will be applied after the first 7 days of the Fall B and Spring B sessions and 7 days after Summer I and Summer II sessions.
Phi Theta Kappa Grant
If you were inducted into the society at the community college you graduated from, you are entitled to a $500 grant each year of your attendance at North Carolina Wesleyan College. You must inform and provide proof to your financial aid counselor. $250 will be applied in late fall and late spring of each year.
If you are a member of a Methodist Church and your pastor provides a letter to that fact, you will receive a 20% discount on your tuition. This will be applied every semester.
Methods of Payment
Courses can be paid by the following: (Cash is not accepted at any NCWC campus)
- Check (Make checks payable to NCWC or NC Wesleyan)
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express)
- Financial Aid-Paperwork should be completed before you start classes
- Employer Vouchers (see ERP section)
- Veteran's Benefits (TA, VA, ACES, GI Bill)
Financial aid is available to ASPIRE students who have been officially accepted as degree-seeking at NCWC. Federal financial aid provides options for student loans and Pell Grants, with eligibility depending on various criteria established by the Federal Government. Submit and file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at least 10-12 weeks before registration. Awards are based on an academic school year (August - April). FAFSA forms are available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The NCWC school code is 002951. Please have available last year's tax information when filing online. Additional information and forms are available at ASPIRE campuses or by downloading the forms at www.ncwc.edu/admission/finaid_forms.htm.
Employer Reimbursement Plan (ERP)
ASPIRE students whose employer reimburses part, or all of their educational tuition costs, are eligible for the Employer Reimbursement Plan (ERP). The student must provide a current tuition reimbursement policy statement from his/her employer, as well as verification of employment. The student signs an agreement with NCWC verifying understanding of the plan and its commitments. A minimum $50 tuition deposit per course will be required at registration, which is applied to the total tuition due for the course. Any non-reimbursable portion of tuition must also be paid at registration. The remaining tuition is deferred and is payable 30 days after the completion of each course. NCWC is willing to establish a direct billing program with employers who offer tuition benefits. ASPIRE students whose employers are willing to participate in this program should contact the Business Office for more information.
Veteran's benefits may be used to meet the tuition costs. Interested ASPIRE students at the Raleigh-Durham campus should contact Barbara Robinson at email@example.com, Goldsboro students please contact Laura Estes at firstname.lastname@example.org and all other campuses should contact Sherri Robinson at email@example.com.