NCWC Transfer Student Guidelines
- Earn over 12 transferrable college credits (Course level 100 or above).*
- Achieve a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Provide an official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Demonstrate good standing in all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Students with the AA, AS, AFA, or AGE are considered to have all the general education requirements met and will not have to take any school-specific general education courses.
* A student with fewer than 12 transferrable college credits must apply as a freshman.
How to Apply
- Complete our free application online or request one to be mailed by calling the Office of Admissions at (252) 985-5200.
- Submit official transcripts for each post-secondary institution you have attended.
- Ninety-eight percent of NCWC students receive financial aid. Institutional aid is awarded based on academic performance and financial need. North Carolina community college graduates with a 2-year degree, who enroll full-time at Wesleyan, are eligible for the 2+ Wesleyan Program. This program immediately allows those students to begin satisfying the requirements for their four-year degree.
- Complete your FAFSA: Free Application For Student Aid. Use School Code-002951.
- Military Discount: All active duty and veterans of all branches of the military, including the National Guard and Coast Guard receive a 10% discount. This discount will be applied as an internal grant towards the cost of attending after the drop/add period. The discount is for students only, and excludes family members.
- Transfer Award Gold $13,500 (GPA requirement of 3.5 and above)
- Transfer Award Blue $10,500 (GPA requirement of 3.0-3.4)
- Transfer Award White $7,500 (GPA requirement of 2.5-2.9)
- Students transferring with an Associate’s Degree will receive an extra $2,000 in scholarship with our W+2.
* Transfer scholarships are renewed annually. You must be enrolled full-time. Recipients must maintain GPA of 2.0 in college coursework.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- Phi Theta Kappa-$500. You must be enrolled full-time.
- United Methodist Award-$2,000: Must be a member of the United Methodist Church/Submit Letter from Minister. You must be enrolled full-time.
Transfer Admissions Counselor:
Dr. Angela M. Foster
Main Cell: (252) 943-5081
Office: (252) 985-5285
Cell: (252) 943-5081
Fax: (252) 985-5295