- International Student Application for Admission: Students are asked to provide complete information. Incomplete forms will result in delays in reviewing the application.
- Application Fee: The application fee is $50.
- Academic Records: Complete, official academic records, in English are required. Records should include courses taken, grades received, and degrees and certificates earned. International students who have attended a college or university outside the United States must provide official translated transcripts. Course-by-course professional evaluations of academic work are required for North Carolina Wesleyan to award academic credit. The course-by-course evaluation must be by an external evaluation service. Evaluation services commonly recognized by North Carolina Wesleyan can be found in the International Student Booklet on the website.
- Test Scores: Students whose native language is not English are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores in order to be considered for admissions.
- Deposit: All International students are required to pay a $1,000 (USD) Enrollment Deposit. This deposit is used to secure the room and class schedule of each student.
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR): All applicants to the traditional day program must submit a CFR to the International Admission Representative, giving evidence of their ability to cover all expenses for each year of study. If privately sponsored, the student must document the first year’s assured support on deposit in a bank and parent/sponsor certification. Until a compete CFR is received and approved, a Form I-20 for securing a visa cannot be issued.
- Visa: A Form I-20 for an F-1 visa will be issued only when all admission requirements have been met. International applicants attending college in the United States at the time of application must submit an appropriately completed F-1 Transfer Form to the North Carolina Wesleyan College Office of Admission. The international student advisor at the applicant’s current school must complete this form.