Applying for Aid
If you are planning to use financial assistance as a means of paying your tuition you need to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). North Carolina Wesleyan College recommends that you use the FAFSA on the web located at www.FAFSA.ed.gov.
- Enter the federal school code of those schools that you would like to receive your information. North Carolina Wesleyan College Title IV school code is 002951.
- Students who want to complete their FAFSA on line should request a PIN. Having a PIN allows you to sign your application electronically. You should request a PIN before completing the on line FAFSA so that you can electronically sign your application at the time you submission.
- Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1. Applications received after the priority date of April 1 will be considered only for funds that are still available.
- Pay special attention to the questions regarding income. You will need to refer to yours and/or your parents' federal tax return in order to make it easier to answer the questions when you apply.
- You should save all documentation and all other materials used in completing the application because you may need to provide them later. The process for providing this information is called verification. The Financial Aid Office will contact you if verification is required.