*North Carolina Wesleyan College Ranks Fourth in State for Return on Tuition Investment for Graduates
*A student who transfers from a community college to a for-profit school will earn less once they have their degree than if they were to attend a public or non-profit private institution, according to a new study.
North Carolina Wesleyan College is renowned for providing a highly personalized liberal arts education for each student in a dynamic and challenging learning environment. With students from all over the United States and more than 30 different countries, NC Wesleyan is one of the most culturally diverse, small, private liberal arts colleges in the South. North Carolina Wesleyan is focused on fostering your academic success, enabling you to excel at the next level whether it be graduate and professional school or the job market. North Carolina Wesleyan will prepare you to compete in the demanding global economy. We believe in our motto: “Your Great Starts Here.”
Look at the new initiatives that are presently taking place or will happen in the near future:
- A renovated Edgecombe residence hall for women. (2013 completed)
- Renovation of the Hartness Student Center, Phase I. (2013 completed)
Initial development of Pep Band. (2013 completed)
New majors of study including a B.S. in Marketing, a B.S. in General Science, a B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurship, a B.S. in Education Studies, and a B.S. in Organizational Administration. (2013 completed)
The Eastern North Carolina Center for Business and Entrepreneurship to launch a dynamic program for small business and in newly constructed building. (2013 in process)
Southern Bank Green: A new park-like green space for students to meet, socialize, promote activities, and study (2013 completed).
New study abroad options in conjunction with Hollins University and Meredith College. (2014 in process)
Growing internship opportunities and help with part-time jobs in the Rocky Mount region. (2013 in process)
Add all that is new with the advantages of a North Carolina Wesleyan College education:
- An exceptional faculty of which 85% hold terminal degrees and small classes with a low student/faculty ratio of 13:1.
- Students are taught by distinguished faculty, not graduate assistants.
Generous merit-based scholarships of approximately $7 million annually, work-study programs, and financial aid packages to assist qualified students.
- Academic support through the Bishop Benchmarks program that guides, directs, and supports students from Orientation through Graduation.
- An exceptional Freshman Advantage and Student Success Center that ensures students every opportunity to be successful at the highest level envisioned.
A diverse student body that provides you with a global perspective.
Twelve NCAA Division III athletic teams for men and women, as well as exciting intramural and recreational teams.
Enhanced technology at your fingertips including a campus-wide Wi-Fi system that turns our entire campus into your classroom.
The Pearsall Library consisting of over 90,000 volumes plus media resources and on-line access to over 40,000 full texted news magazines, journals, 130,000 e-books, and 18,000 films, where students may study, research, or meet friends for a cup of coffee in the Starbucks Internet Cafe.
Cutting-edge technology in the Gateway Technology Center on the campus of NC Wesleyan.
A beautiful, safe, and inviting 200-acre campus with buildings designed in Georgian-style architecture.
- An ideal campus location, just off I-95 approximately an hour from Raleigh with international air service, two hours from the North Carolina beaches and six from the mountains, eight hours from Atlanta, eight from Jacksonville, four from DC, and eight from New York City.
You should take advantage of the North Carolina Wesleyan experience! Call us for a personal conversation and a time to visit. Submit your application for admission at any time after the conclusion of your junior year of high school or within 12 months of your college transfer.
We are looking forward to helping you prepare for admission to North Carolina Wesleyan College!
VP for College Advancement and Admissions