The BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE program prepares students for a future career as a doctor, veterinarian, dentist, physician’s assistant, or other allied health profession. This pre-professional program emphasizes group work, critical thinking, and communication skills – all of which are valued in health profession programs. Our program includes courses that will prepare you for the MCAT, GRE, and DAT and for success in medical school. A degree BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE can lead you to a career as a health professional.
Career Opportunities in Biomedical Science:
- Medical, Dentistry, or Veterinary careers with appropriate graduate training.
- Public Health careers in local, state, and federal health departments.
- Academic research in university settings.
- Research and product development in medical supply and pharmaceutical industries.
- Laboratory technology.
Recent graduates from the Biomedical Science program:
- Elizabeth Tripp Cooper (Class of 2012) is a Molecular Oncology Technologist for LabCorps of America in Cary, NC and will complete her Masters in Healthcare Administration in May of 2014.
- Katanya Hall (Class of 2011) earned a master’s degree in Public Health from Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, VA and now works as a quality assurance professional for a pharmaceutical production company in Virginia.
Biomedical Science Faculty Contacts: