The BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION major at North Carolina Wesleyan College provides a broad education in business. Students get a well-rounded education in general business policy and strategy, but also have the flexibility to pursue a particular area of interest in greater depth. You may even decide to add a new concentration in entrepreneurship to your program.
A concentration in ENTREPRENEURSHIP, offered through the Business Administration program, helps students learn to carry out a business idea from start to finish—including conception, finance, development, marketing, and sales. The concentration prepares a student to open their own businesses, develop ideas, and fundraise for future projects.
Career opportunities for Business Administration majors:
- Private banking and financial management industry: investment and personal.
- Real Estate: Financing, investment, and property management opportunities.
- Insurance and risk management.
- Lending: Financial aspects of lending including business and personal loan-making in a variety of industries.
- Human Resources: Relay and enforce labor law; policies on best practices in employment; and coordinating employee benefits.
- Operations Management: Manage processes of workflow and production.
- Logistics: Transportation and distribution of products and services.
- Research and development of new products: Creating business solutions with entrepreneurship. Think Shark Tank!
Recent graduates from our Business Administration program:
- Christine Werfelman Sprague (Class of 2008) works as an Artist Manager for Warner Brothers Records in San Diego, CA.
- Teron Bush (Football, Class of 2010) and Devin Nicholls (Basketball, Class of 2012) currently work in the Management Trainee program for Enterprise, Inc.
- Elizabeth Uzzell Lilley (Class of 2011) works as a procurement analyst for MBM, Inc. in Rocky Mount, NC.
Business Faculty Contacts